PADI Open Water Diver Course
Get Certified by the largest diver training organization in the world…..PADI
Get your PADI scuba certification exclusively at Seaweed Diver
In the Louisville metro area, Seaweed Diver is the only PADI Dive Center and we would love to show you why PADI is "The way the world learns to dive".
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or
simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
The PADI Open Water Diver course at Seaweed Diver is the world’s most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle. Start your scuba certification online today or stop by our dive center to get your books and dvd to begin your course.
To sign up for the course you will need to do two things:
1. Complete the Orientation Session (Call the dive shop to schedule after completing Chapter 4)
2. Sign-up for either the PADI eLearning or PADI Touch (or come get your Book & DVD at Seaweed Diver)
At the orientation session we will
- Get you sized for the gear you will be using for your pool sessions
- Help you pick out the required Mask, Snorkel, Scuba Fins, Mouthpieces & Gloves
- Get your eLearning Crew Pack (or you may pre-order it when you sign up for the eLearning portion of the course)
- Fill out all the necessary paperwork including the Medical Form
- eLearners will take their PADI Quick Quiz if they have completed the online portions
- Schedule Your 1st Pool Session
To Get Started Right Away….
- All Equipment – Except Mask, Fins, Boots, Snorkel, Mouthpieces and Gloves
- All Training Segments Including
- 1 Classroom/Orientation Session for eLearners or an Orientation Session & 3 Class Sessions for Book & DVD participants – 2 Hours Each
- 3 Pool Sessions – 2 – 3 Hours Each
- 4 Open Water Training Dives Over the Course of 2 Days
- Dive Computer Training and Use During Entire Course
- Private or Semi-Private Lessons for You or Your Group’s Comfort Upon Request
- PADI Certification Fees
- A Lifetime Scuba Certification
- College Credit
- Subscription to Dive Training Magazine
- Free Referral for those who want to do their dives while on vacation. Most dive centers charge $50 for this service.
To enroll in the PADI Open Water course or Junior Open Water Diver course at Seaweed Diver, you must
- Be 10 years or older
- Be in good physical heath with a diving Medical Form Completed before your 1st Pool Session
- Be able to swim enough to save your life (200 yards with just a bathing suit or 300 yards in a mask, fins and snorkel)
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Orientation & Knowledge Development (online or with a book and DVD) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience or resort course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification. Just bring by the papers your instructor provided you with and we will be happy get you started.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it at Seaweed Diver because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a PADI certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least three pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your Seaweed Diver PADI Instructor.
The Scuba Gear You Use
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories, all available at Seaweed Diver. At Seaweed Diver, we have the most up-to-date, state of the art dive equipment in our rental program. We want you to learn in the equipment that you will be diving in and your comfort and safety is our number one concern. If you choose to purchase your gear at any time from us and it does not fit or you are not happy with it, we will work with you to make it right!
The Learning Materials You Need
PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the Open Water Diver course. While eLearning is the most convenient option, you may also choose a book and DVD package available or add-on if you would like.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your Seaweed Diver PADI instructor. Later, as a certified diver,you use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
Note: Enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver Course Online for immediate computer-based access to the manual and video integrated into seamless, guided online learning.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Open Water Diver course! Submit the college credit form to PADI for your transcript.