Not sure if You Will Like Diving?
Try Diving Today!
Do a 1 Time Lesson and Try Scuba Diving at Seaweed Diver!
Course Fee: $50
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving at Seaweed Diver will let you try scuba to see if you like it. Once you do fall in love with diving and want to continue, we will give you a course credit towards your training. When you sign up for our PADI Open Water Course within 90 days of your Discover Scuba Dive experience we will give you a $20 course fee credit.
To Get Started
• Download and print the PADI Medical Form
• Call to schedule a time to come by Seaweed Diver to watch a short video
• Drop off your form and meet with one of our instructors
• Meet your instructor at the pool for your experience
While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water and complete the first few skills of PADI Open Water Scuba Certification. After successful completion of these skills, you have only 2-3 more pool sessions along with your Knowledge development through either classroom sessions or eLearning.
The Materials You Will Need Are Included
- Download and print the PADI Medical Form
- Register on-line here
- Call to schedule paperwork & video session
- Drop off your form and meet with one of our instructors
- Meet your instructor at the pool for your experience
When you complete your experience, you also receive:
• ScubaEarth™ Premium Trial: This 90‐day trial provides access to ScubaEarth Premium services.
• Discover Scuba Diving eCard: Complimentary Discover Scuba Diving eCard.
• PADI eLearning®: Complimentary access to the first segment of PADI Open Water Diver Online.
• Digital PADI Diving Society: This 90‐day trial subscription includes access to an electronic version of Sport Diver magazine.
To take Discover Scuba Diving, you must be:
• At least 10 years old
• In good health (if you have questions, consult our medical form)
• Fill out the registration form
It’s that simple!
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a Seaweed Diver PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure.
Get ready to:
• Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
• Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
• Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
• Have fun swimming around and exploring.
• Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
The Fun Part
There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to –after all, human beings weren’t designed to do that – but after a few minutes of awestruck wonder, most participants realize how easy scuba diving really is. The biggest challenge Seaweed Diver instructors have with the Discover Scuba Diving program is not coaxing participants into the water, but coaxing them out when the program is over. The fun part? It’s all fun!
Plus, you can get credit! The skills you do with our instructors count towards your PADI Open Water Diver certification, putting you a step ahead of the game when you decide to go for it.
The Scuba Gear You Use
All the equipment you will need is included in our Discover Scuba Diving experience at Seaweed Diver. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy compensating jacket that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and dive computers to monitor your depth and air supply. You might also wear a wetsuit and weights depending on where you do your Discover Scuba Diving program and the temperature of the water.